As I read the writing challenge for this week–making a list, I wasn’t really sure what to list–topics raced my mind like a blur. But as I read through the list of sample ideas, I read number 17, beautiful imperfections, and not a second after, she came to mind. So I thought, why not list down why she’s a beautiful perfection? But no, she isn’t just a beautiful imperfection, for she is the perfect imperfection. So here is my list, reasons why she is the perfect imperfection. Humor me.
- Her hair. No, it’s not the silky straight hair we’ve all seen so much on advertisements and billboards, it’s the simple auburn hair. But when the wind playfully messes with that hair as it catches the rays of the sun, it becomes more, way more, than a simple auburn hair.
- Her eyes. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but when I look into her eyes, they’re not, it’s as if I’m on a cliff overlooking bright city lights. And I have been soaking up all the sparkles I see.
- Her height. She’s not that tall, but she’s tall enough that when I look at her, my eyes are just a bit higher than hers. So I easily get to see those eyes that I would love to wake up to.
- Her cheeks. It might be as mundane as cheeks could be–but what do I know, I’m not particularly an expert in cheeks, right? But when she’s happy, her cheeks just brings her entire face to life and not just radiates but influences happiness unto others as well.
- Her dimples. Yes, she has dimples, yet it’s not your usual dimples on the cheeks, hers is a bit closer to her lips. And cute ones at that.
- Her smile. This one’s a give-away, I mean, her smile together with the two previous items? That’s just it right there, the end of life as I know it.
- Her imperfections. It’s redundant, I know, but these imperfections simply make her all the more perfect. It’s contradicting, I know, took me a while to wrap my head around the thought. But then it occurred to me, she doesn’t have to be perfect to everybody, all that matters is that she’s perfect for me, that she, in all her forms, glistens in my eyes amidst the mediocrity of life.
I hope you found your special someone going through your head as you went through the list–how he/she has been tailor-made to fit into the puzzle that is you and your life. ❤ My apologies though if he/she didn’t.